Project: Ausgrid – Zone & Heritage
Scope of works: 155 zone +30 heritage
Zone Substations – 2005 – OS – 3 Year Serial Contract Schedule of Rates.
Fire & Security Upgrade of perimeter books & windows to substation buildings – Total of 210 Zone Substations from Sutherland to the Hunter Valley.
MDF Group completed 155 Zone Substations within the contract period Heritage Distribution Substations 2009 -2013
By tender Quotation for Security Upgrades to Heritage listed Chamber Substations – MDF Group has completed 30 Substations to date.
- Live Ausgrid Substations
- Maintain security of substations during works.
- Replacement doors, Frames & Grilles are non-standard to suit specific existing openings.
How those constraints were overcome
- Trained Installation Operatives
- Door replacements are completed in one day & left secure.
- Each site is detail measured by MDF Group & CAD Drawings are produced for manufacture of all Individual Frames, Doors, Metal Doors & Security Grilles.
- All Doors & Frames are pre-hung & painted prior to delivery to site to minimise time on site & errors.
MDF Group has specialised in this method of controlled Project Delivery and continue the practice of Survey & Measurement, CAD Drawings and careful control of manufactured items off site.
This method minimises the time on site, negates errors and consequent delay.