Project: Ausgrid Distribution Fencing – current
Scope of works:
Security upgrade to 20 off enclosure substations. Schedule of rates for assessment of SOW required, design & certification of new anti-climb security fencing, gates, security grilles & access doors to awarded substations. Contract commencement 1/2/2012 & completion 1/2/2013. These substations are generally located on public or private property and are accessible by the public.
- Live Ausgrid Substations.
- Maintain security of substations from public access during works.
- Application of Ausgrid generic designs to site specific conditions, access & constructions.
- Ausgrid acceptance of site assessment reports.
How those constraints were overcome
- Trained installation operatives & agreement of protection measures with Ausgrid.
- Temporary protection fencing placed before demolitions.
- Engaged structural engineer to design & certify compliance with AS similarly engage BCA accredited certifier as required for BCA compliance.
- Regular meetings with Ausgrid to seek approvals.
MDF Group is one of three contractors awarded 20 substations for the trial contract. As at the end of January 2013, MDF Group had 18 of the 20 substations practically completed and not proceeding with the final sites awaiting removals by other providers before commencement.